Sunday, September 20, 2009

Murphy's Law At Work Again

September 20, 2009

This morning, the weather is cool and crisp; Autumn is definitely in the air. As I started down the street on my way home, a group of turkeys were walking around on the side of the road, so I stopped to take a few photos. When these photo opportunities arise, one must stop and take advantage of them.

Then, as I proceeded to leave, I noticed my car was not quite right. Would you believe? I had no brakes. Is someone upstairs upset with me or something? Seems like when problems start, my plate always manages to get full up.

So I crept along the best I could and hoped that the traffic would be very light. Thank goodness it is Sunday morning. Tomorrow morning, there will be lots of traffic on the road. I called back work to say that I cannot come in tonight - there is no way I am going to be driving around with no brakes. Tomorrow morning when the garage opens, I will have them come and get my car so that it can be fixed.

On the bright side -- yes, there are still some bright sides here. At least I have a cell phone with me to call for help when my car breaks down. I have a laptop to use when my PC is sick. And best of all, I have my little dog and my brother to come home to no matter what else happens.

Friday I got an email telling me that my 2009 Volume One Blog Book was already in the mail. So that is something for me to look forward to this week. My first born has already put her dibs on my Blog Books for when I am gone. You can have them, Audrey. It will be interesting to read them a few years down the road.

I'm off now to make a cup of coffee and get a treat for my Tootsie. In case I haven't mentioned up to now, Miss Tootsie is still doing fairly well coping with her new situation. I should take a lesson from her. Now I will post a few of the photos from this morning for you to enjoy. Y'all have a wonderful day now.
Hugs, Edna B.















1 comment:

Snowy said...

Waahhh-I don't believe you have turkeys running around there,lol. Here you have to go to the zoo to see one! Well , that does it-with all that wildlife you got running around there I will definitely have to move over there - oh boy,my camera will work overtime !!No brakes?? bad things usually come in threes- at least that's what happens to me most of the time-so be careful. And I hope that nothing else breaks down.Nice to hear Tootsie is coping well - big lick to her (to Erik as well,lol-although I'm not sure what he thinks about a big lick, ROFL)Hugs Snowy