Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Kitty Lost In The Hurricane

September 23, 2009

It's a great new morning here, and I finally got a good night's sleep. I was so tired yesterday afternoon and last night that I took my little girl, Tootsie, and went to bed early. Except for getting up 2 or 3 times, we slept right through. Now maybe later today, I can sit at my PC and actually get some new work accomplished.

This morning, we will be heading on over to the hospital to have Tootsie's bloodwork done. I think today we will take the camera with us. Who knows, maybe we can side-tracked on the way home and find some photo opportunities.

Yesterday, my new Blog Book 2009 Volume One, was waiting for me when we got back from the beauty salon. I just cannot say enough good things about these blog books. I read them and see a whole progression of events, changes, problems, and solutions. It's like sitting back and having a look at one's self. I was never one to keep a diary, but it is probably very much like writing a blog and printing it out.

Sometimes I surprise myself. As a baby and toddler, I had a lot to say and never shut up - at least that's what my mom used to tell me. But then for some reason, as a child I grew quiet and not very talkative. I was very shy, and only told my dreams and problems to the man in the moon at night before going to sleep. However, by the time I turned 40, I had found my mouth again.

It's time for us to leave now, we'll be back in a while.

We're back. And no, we did not find any photo ops. Maybe later we can take a ride to the park and get some pictures there. I did take a couple of photos of Miss Tootsie in her car seat, For some reason, she does not like me to take her pictures anymore, and turns her face away.

While we were at the hospital, I met a lady who had brought in her cat. The poor woman was in tears. I know that feeling, so I tried to comfort her. She told me that her husband and she were down South helping out during the hurricane Katrina cleanup, and that's where they found the cat. The poor kitty had gotten an infection and lost the sight in one eye. No one came forward to claim the cat so they brought him home with them, and have loved him ever since.

A friend sent me a picture one day that tore at my heart strings, and I think I shall share it with you here. The picture says it all.














**
I think that's for today. It's time for me to do a bit work here, and then maybe Miss Tootsie and I will go out for a while. Y'all have a wonderful day now.
**
Hugs, Edna B.

**



















1 comment:

Snowy said...

She looks so sweet in her car seat !! That photo of the dog is amazing- and so true ! Hugs Snowy