Monday, August 17, 2009

Yeah!!! My Tuna Came Out Just Fine!!

August 17, 2009

Gosh, yesterday was a wasteful day for me. I didn't do much of anything but rest and sleep. When your body gets tired, it just doesn't care what your schedule is, it stops working. But I'm not complaining, in fact it felt good to be lazy for a day.

Today, looks to be another beautiful day outside. I will leave in a while to get a couple of errands done, and then this afternoon a friend is coming by to help me a bit here. I will be so glad when everything is finished in my apartment. When I think back to when I was 40 and 50, I would have been done in a few days. Must have eaten more Wheaties back then.

Have any of you been stopping by Kyra's blog to read her Family History story? If not, you just don't know what a treat you are missing. Not only is the story fascinating, but she has made some beautiful scrap layouts to go with the story. This lovely lady has Russian royalty in her genes. http://smiekeltje.blogspot.com/.

Well, I am up to my old tricks again. Yesterday I put half a dozen eggs on to boil so that I could make some egg salad. Then I sat down to check some e-mail. That did it!!! Ever seen what eggs look like when they burn? Not a very pretty sight!! Well, that made me decide on a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch instead.

Later, I decided to try to make tuna salad. You can't burn that! This time I stayed right with it till it was all made, and in a bowl in the refrigerator to get cold. See? There are some things I can do in the kitchen that come out right. Cooking just never was my forte. I can do lovely things with crafty stuff, but my brother is a much better cook.

Speaking of Moo, he had a most wonderful time last night at the Music Circus, and was bubbling over when he got home. It was fantastic to watch these original Doo Wop groups perform the songs that we grew up listening to. The performers are our age and older, so this had to be quite a thrill.

For today's freebie, I will give you "Fantasy QP - 03." For me, these are such fun to make, so I hope you are enjoying them. I have four QP's in Set 01, and am working on Set 02. Tomorrow, I will post the last QP from this first set.

My little girl is laying here in front of the fan, waiting for a bit of special attention, and quite possibly an extra treat. No doubt I will definitely give in and give her a chicken jerky treat. Then we will have our meds, and she can visit with Moo while I get my errands done. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: