Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday Wearies

July 13, 2009

Ahhhh, Monday, Monday. For me, Monday is a difficult day. I am usually tired after a long weekend (working) and just want to nap all day. This, of course, is not usually possible. Life keeps happening. The phone rings as soon as you nod off to dreamland, the mailman has to knock because he has a package you have to sign for, a dwarf is unhappy and needs to be soothed, Tootsie gets hungry around noon time, and your favorite program shows it's re-runs as soon as your head hits the pillow. Fat chance for much sleep. Still, you try.

All of this happened this morning, but eventually I did manage to get a couple of short winks. However, the phone rang and a sweet voice reminded me of a missed appointment - "Where the hell are you?" Oh dear, here we go again. Mind you, I am not complaining. Actually I count my lucky blessings that I am here to enjoy my busy day.

Last night was not my best night for designing. I just could not concentrate very long on one thing - kept skipping around from kit to kit. But I did get a few things done, so I guess that was a good night. Tomorrow, I will start getting caught up with the challenges for this month.

I also want to go shopping this week to look at futons. Apparently, they are very comfortable, and just might be what I am needing for my living room and bedroom. So we will see. It's the walking around the stores that gets to me. My hip and leg starts to give out, and my shopping spree gets cut short. Just means that things take me a little big longer to do.

Tootsie and I also stopped by the bank today, and she got to visit with everyone there. Of course, she was in her stroller, so she gets to go in a lot of places that otherwise would not be welcoming pets.

It's time now to go see about what's for supper. Maybe roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and veggies tonight. Mmmmm. I will leave you with a photo taken this past Spring on a misty morning. Enjoy, and y'all have a great night.

Hugs, Edna B.


No comments: