Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Not A Smart Day

February 11, 2009

Last night, Wayne came by and picked up my new computer, and hopefully I will have it back sometime Sunday or Monday. Mine is not his only job, darn it! I'll just have to be patient.

Today I tried working on a project, but it is just so frustrating and slow, that I'm not really accomplishing much. I may have to set up the laptop to finish some of my projects.

Yesterday I bought a small adding machine with a paper roller on it, because I need to actually see the numbers on the paper to make sure I'm not making errors while doing my bookkeeeping chores (check book, bank statements, etc.). I was all excited about using it to balance my check book, but there wasn't anything to hold the paper roll. I read the instructions several times, and checked the unit over and over, but no soap.

To make a long story short, I returned it today. The salesperson looked it over, flipped up a plastic thing (which I couldn't seem to budge), and pulled out the little paper roll hanger. DUH!
So, red faced and embarrassed, I gathered up all my stuff and left to go home. This is obviously not a smart day.

Tonight, Tootsie and I are going to retire early, get comfy and snuggle up in blankets to watch our favorite seasonal show, "Top Chef." It's getting near to the end of the competition, so I don't want to miss any of it. I'll tackle the computer again tomorrow. Have a great night.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: