Tuesday, February 3, 2009

An Exciting Bit of Mythology

February 3, 2009

Br-r-r-r. More snow all day today. Probably into tomorrow. Please, does anybody want it? We have no place to put it anymore. I hope Spring lasts as long as Winter. Ever notice how lopsided the seasons are? Winter starts around the end of November/beginning of December and doesn't leave until April or May. We get a little bit of Spring, a bunch of hot, sticky weather, and then a little bit of Autumn. Then it's back to Winter again. I dunno, can't win for losing.

Tonight I will get my PC Cillin program renewed so that our computers are protected, and then Wayne will set up my new external drive that I just purchased. It's 1 TB, so it should be able to handle anything I put on my computer. (TB is for terebyte)

My day started with some wonderful fun and comments from my friend Kyra. She is a very good designer, and very quick. I really have to work to keep up with her, which is very good for me. Usually, she posts her layouts for the challenges as soon as the challenges are posted. This month, I managed to get one kit contribution done and posted first. Woopee!! And not a minute too soon, because she posted right after I did. And of course, her kit is absolutely gorgeous.

Stop by the Magickal Scraps forum and check out the challenges and see for yourself. While you're at it, stop by her blog http://smielkeltje.blogspot.com/ and pick up her latest kit. It's beautiful, and it's free.

Today, I finished up my layout for the template challenge. Snow Raven supplied the template, and the rest is mine. I tried using shades of one color, and a light shade of sepia for the photo.


The background paper is from my color challenge kit "Renessaince Faire" which I will probably give to you in a couple of months. Next, I must finish up my layout for the Book of Shadows challenge. We have to research and scrap a layout of a god or goddess from a different culture. At least along that vein.
Many years ago, my Michael bought me a unique Christmas present, a star named for me. So now Cassiopeia is Edna Barron. A couple years ago my son and his wife bought a star for my daughter Kerri who had recently passed on, and gave that to me for Christmas. So now Andromeda is Kerri Anne Thibault. Want to know what I find so special and coincidental? Andromeda was Cassiopeia's daughter. So all is well in the heavens and I feel good about this.
I'm back......I just had to call my son and tell him this exciting news. For some reason, I never put it all together before.
All of this was to explain that my layout will be about Casseopeia, wife of King Cepheus, and mother of Andromeda. When I was in junior high school, this was one of my favorite classes, studying astrology and mythology.
Now I must go check on Moo. He has been out shoveling all afternoon. Tonight we will treat ourselves to chinese take out for supper. M-m-m-m. Have a great evening.
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: