Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Update to Tonight's Posting

January 20, 2009

The phone just rang, and it was Wayne. He proably had to down a couple of shots of Chivas Regal to get up the courage to make the call. The whole hard drive is dead. D E A D!! All my work, all my files, not to mention photos, etc. have up and gone bye bye.

He says that maybe a couple of thousand dollars and some extraordinary technical magic just might be able to retrieve some of my files. And that's only the teeny weeniest of chances. I'm not sure if I want to just rip the rest of his hair out, or just murder him until he yells uncle. I definitely know that one bottle of Sam Adams isn't going to make it all better.

At the moment, I am so angry I could scream. On the other hand, that will only make my head hurt worse. Right now, I think I'll just go cry on my dog and drink my beer. I'll be back tomorrow, but I don't know when I can do my anniversary freebies, because all my stuff is on that stupid dead hard drive. EVERYTHING!!!

Thanks for letting me vent. Have a good night.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

beulahmom said...

Sorry about your hard drive problems. Linda at Bonscrapatit.blogspot.com had posted about the same problem recently on her blogspot. She has been recovering her data though (it's been taking weeksks of hard work). Maybe she can offer some help?
Hope you are up and running soon.

suruha said...

Oh, Edna! That sucks! I feel so bad for you. Maybe Wayne will be able to 'pull a rabbit out of his hat'. I will sure send all the positivity I can muster your way. Bless you!

Su

Deb said...

Edna, I am soooo sorry for your loss! That is horrible. I don't know what I would do if that happened to me. I back up EVERYTHING 4 different ways (Online to Adrive - it's free, Flash Drive, DVD, and EHD.) Now that doesn't mean I will be able to find anything if my HD crashes! LOL. While I am a fanatic about backing up now, I am horrible and organizing! Anyway, thank you so much for stopping by my blog and thank you for the award! I hope your week gets better dear!