Monday, August 11, 2008

A Candle For Sylvia

August 11, 2008

I no sooner finished posting here yesterday, than the phone rang. It was my friend Rhoda from Florida. She and her husband were already here, and better yet they were only minutes from my house and were stopping by.

Lordy, it was so good to see their faces again. It's been so long. However, the news she brought was not the greatest. Her friend had already passed on. This was sad because they had been close friends since they were little girls. I've put a candle in the window for you Sylvia, to help light your way.

It has rained all day here, although somewhere in the middle, the sun actually poked it's face through for a brief few minutes. You would think that the rain would discourage some of the birds from hanging onto the feeder. But no -- they clamp their little toes on to the feeder, and fill their little tummies right up.

A few days ago, I finished a new layout that I called "Sunset." I think it's quite self-explanatory. The background is a photo I took at sunset while in Virginia a few years ago. It's always been one of my favorite photos. I'll share this with you today, and maybe tomorrow we can start the next kit. Enjoy,

Hugs, Edna B.


No comments: